- Tell someone else about Community Learning. Word-of-mouth is the best way to reach people who have communication (reading) barriers. It’s also the best way to find volunteers.
- Keep reading and writing to keep your skills sharp.
- Donate books, equipment or money to Community Learning. Donate merchandise or gift certificates for volunteer appreciation. Charitable receipts are available.
- Read to a child, or an adult. Give books to families who have few books.
- Make changes in your business or organization so that your services are more accessible to adults with English language communication barriers.
- Have us come to your organization for a literacy awareness presentation.
- Provide a volunteer work placement for an adult who wishes to improve his or her English speaking and listening skills.
- Business owners and managers can encourage employees to volunteer or attend classes by providing some flexibility in their work schedules.
- Allow us to place brochures, posters, or displays at your place of business or at events.